Friday, July 30, 2010

A weight has been lifted...

LITERALLY!

Okay, I know I just posted that I'd gotten a sew-in. Shoot, I just got it a week ago! But already, like so many meals & men (wait, what?), the weave is gone...

I was going to try to stick it out for at least three weeks, but I couldn't deal! My scalp had been itching non-stop since last Friday. I also noticed that just behind my left ear, I had a little swollen knot from where the braid was really tight. But I thought I could stick it out. Fast forward to yesterday. Itching like crazy again. I go to scratch and notice a bump. Do a little more feeling around and find bumps all along my hairline! Bad business! That's neither cute nor healthy. Out of fear that keeping the sew-in would do more damage than good, I had to take it out. After getting all the tracks out and taking the braids down, I discovered more bumps, especially in those places where the itching was the worst. I tried to do damage control by DCing overnight. This morning I tried some of the We Rock Roots RockTherapy Oil from my last product review. So far, the itching has been kept to a minimum. (For those wondering why I didn't use that before: the way that my hair was braided under the tracks, it was hard/impossible to get to some parts of my scalp.)

Unfortunately I noticed that the hair that was left out up top to cover up the tracks did not revert back to their usual springy curls. Instead, the curls are just kinda limp & lifeless. I hope I haven't messed them up for good!

Anyway, I've learned my lesson. If I just gotta have something different or want to wear straight hair, a wig is probably my best bet. Of course, it's a no-go during the summer... Maybe I'll try it once it cools off. But now I'm scared to even straighten my hair for a length check. :( Fingers crossed that my hair bounces back!

2 comments:

  1. omg.
    i'm just glad you got it out when you did,
    before it did anymore damage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I see that part of my hair still hasn't reverted back to it's previous curl :( Guess I'll eventually have to trim it or something...

    ReplyDelete