Monday, August 2, 2010

31 BNB Challenge: Day 2

*I'm participating in Bloggingforbranding.com's 31 Days to a Brand New Blog Challenge, so for the month of August I'll be posting these in addition to my regular hair posts. Hopefully this will help me improve as a blogger and a writer. We will see!*

Yes, I know I don't have a Day 1 post. Unfortunately I didn't have Google Analytics set up until last night, so I couldn't really tell anything about the traffic that this site sees. Maybe I'll loop back around to that near the end of the month. Anyway, on to today's challenge:

Purpose Statement for The Good Hair Diaries

This blog is meant to be a tool to share not only what I learn about natural hair, but about myself on my natural hair journey. I want to discuss attitudes towards African Americans with natural hair and regimens, products & styles that do & don't work for me. I'd like to encourage discussion concerning beauty in America and Black America, with the occasional diversion for makeup or rants... I would most like this blog to be known as a place for other black women who are transitioning or who have recently transitioned to natural hair to network, share stories, encouragement, advice, etc. without fear of judgment or ridicule.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I'm not personally a black woman, but I'm fascinated to know more about this issue, and I'm really glad that someone out there is dedicated to making a safe space for black women. I'll definitely be reading more.

    And I just started my blog, so my tracking will not be useful for some time either :)
    http://businessforgoodnotevil.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Kimberlee. Hopefully this blog will provide more insight about dealing with beauty issues/standards as a black woman.

    I will be visiting your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete