Thursday, August 19, 2010

Naturals in Advertising (31BNB, Day 17)

You know what amazes me? Even before I knew of the "natural movement" or knew anyone personally who had natural hair, I saw incredible images of black women rocking their natural hair. Where? In ads! Whether print, television, or online, natural hair seems like it's more accepted than relaxed hair (at least, from the images shown). Of course, most of the women in these ads have the kinda corkscrew coils that most see as favorable... but still, natural is natural.

So from time to time I want to share images/video of women rocking natural hair in advertisement. Let's see just how much I can find... We may not even realize how often we see naturalistas doing their thing!

on Regions Bank's website today


Lane Bryant model

on clorox.com

2 comments:

  1. I def something that's been going on 4 sometime now. Thanks 4 sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading! Its funny how I noticed this before, but didn't really pay attention to it until I decided to go natural.

    ReplyDelete