Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My 1st weave...

July 24, 2009 was the last time I got a touch up!

July 23, 2010, I got my first weave. It wasn't really my idea; it stemmed from a long heated argument with my father over my hair not being "professional" (*cough*bullshit*cough*) and getting this sew-in was my move to shut him up.

No, I was NOT a happy camper.









It does look pretty good (except when the humidity gets to my hair) so that's not my issue. I've just gotten used to having short, almost care-free hair. The fuss of long straight hair... this is what I was trying to get away from a year ago! Ugh...

Anyway, I'm a little more comfortable with it, but I don't think it's gonna last too long. For one, it itches like crazy and even though I've oiled my scalp the best I could, I'm getting no relief! Secondly, there's one braid in the back that is just way too tight; the scalp is actually swollen there. (Praying traction alopecia can't happen from a one-time occurrence.) Finally, it's hot and heavy. I like things hot and heavy, but my hair ain't one of them! LOL

So I know this won't be up the two or three months I was told it could last. Shoot, I'd do good to leave it up for one. I know sew-ins are supposed to be a great protective style, but I don't think they're for me!


2 comments:

  1. Tori Danielle!

    Don't you already have a job?? Or are you looking for one? You and I have pretty much the same hair and I work for the highest office in the State of Texas!!

    Tell daddy that it's a new day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do! Two actually, and no one at either of them seem to have an issue with my hair. But he thinks that people don't take me "seriously" as a real estate agent because when he sees the agents advertising on TV, their hair isn't like mine. Of course not; 95% of them are white! I asked him should I bleach my skin and have cosmetic surgery on my nose & lips to look more "professional." That didn't go over well! LOL

    He's an old fogey (literally, in his 70s) & won't shut up until you consent. This is just to say "I tried it your way now leave it alone."

    ReplyDelete