Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Random Hair Gripe: Don't Touch My Hair!!

At least, not without asking! And even if you ask, you may get a no.

I've always had issues with this and it bugs me to no end. When I was relaxed, people had to "get a good feel" to see if it was really mine. This included running fingers down to the scalp feeling for tracks, pulling, you name it. Now that I'm completely natural, it's like some kinda oddity and people want to mess with the curls. Makes me think of the episode of Family Guy where Stewie touches Cleveland's hair and exclaims, "Ooh, it feels like a sheep!"

I still haven't figured out how to politely say "Please don't touch it" before someone automatically reaches out to cop a feel. I feel so dirty, having my other special place groped like that in public! LOL Maybe I need this shirt...

I'm not quite this bad, I promise

1 comment:

  1. lol.
    love this!

    thankfully,
    people that wanna touch my hair haven't been aggressive,
    so i get asked first.
    if this changes,
    i don't even know...

    maybe that shirt is right on track!

    ReplyDelete