Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Wishlist

Although I'm not big on the holidays, I'm always up for getting stuff! (And I'm not so grinch-tastic that I don't give gifts as well... but only to a select few!) My short wishlist this year is mostly comprised of hair & beauty goodies that I either can't splurge on right now (pockets are kinda tight) or would feel bad about if I bought them now, but would definitely accept if someone gave them to me. After all, I'm not a product junkie if someone just gives them to me, right? Right. So here is what you can send your favorite blogger (who? me, of course!) if you're full of the holiday spirit.

1. Wen haircare system I've been curious about Wen since I started transitioning, but I have yet to try it. I'm a bit skeptical of its claims to work on all hair types, but nothing like putting it to the test to be sure.

2. Huetiful hair steamer Since starting my transition, I've read several blogs that mentioned hair steaming. I didn't really think too much about it, but that has since changed. Since it's gotten cooler, I can tell a huge difference between how my hair looks and feels when I first wake up and after I take my shower. The steam has it so soft and big! It would be awesome to get the benefits of steaming my hair while deep conditioning, but usually when I DC I'm doing a million other things so I never just sit in the bathroom. With the Huetiful hair steamer I could set it up in whatever room I happen to be in and let it do its thing while I mindlessly watch tv do something productive. And sure, I'll take the facial attachment as well!

3. A Denman brush I've still never seen one in real life. LOL Yes, I've checked Sally's, but the times I've been they didn't had them. So I don't even know which one to get! And I refuse to order it online, seeing as I have no idea how it feels and whether it would be worth it. Yeah, I've heard they're great and all, but still... But if you wanna pass it along to me, I'll take it!

4. A Sephora gift card I've fallen in love with Sephora, y'all! There's only one little Sephora around here, tucked away in a JCPenney's. That is the only thing I visit that particular Penney's for ('cuz that location's plus size selection sucks). Now that I've found out they have Carol's Daughter products and well as a buncha yummy delicious makeup to try out, I need some extra funds specifically for Sephora!

5. A phony pony that looks like it's natural hair that's been blown out. Most of what I've found has been either shiny super straight ponytails, or puffs that look duller, tighter, and all around worse than my hair. There is this one ponytail that I bought, not too straight, sorta wavy. But I dunno how well it will work considering that it's rather shiny... We'll see. I still need more though; gotta switch it up!


So that's my little wishlist. Got anything on yours related to hair and/or beauty?

10 comments:

  1. You do NOT need #5! LOL

    And don't you live in Jackson?? There's a Sephora in Pearl on the way to the airport!!!! Is that Lakeland Drive? I think that's what it's called. Yup, I saw one the last time I was there and Blaq went there to get bag stuffers for the wine party!!! Go there!! I love Sephora too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I do need it! I occasionally wanna slang my hair, but I've been too lazy to straighten it. Weave is out, so that just leaves the phony pony!

    The one off Lakeland Drive is the one that's in JCPenney's. I did find out that there is a stand alone store out in Ridgeland (almost to Madison) so I'll have to venture out there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made my wishlist the other day on my blog!!

    Marcy,
    smudgemyeyeliner.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marcy, thanks for reading! I'm gonna be checking out your wishlist; may get some ideas for my own!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what..I may be thinking about ULTA...is there a stand alone ULTA out there too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh yes, Ulta!! There is a stand alone Ulta out in Dogwood. I forgot about that one... Lemme add Ulta giftcards to my wish list as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel you on the steamer! I made a post about it also lol

    I also wouldn't mind trying out a variety of new oils, e.g. grapeseed and sesame.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh I didn't even think about new oils! And (I'm showing my newbie status here) I haven't heard of using grapeseed and sesame oils for hair. I'll be looking for information on those.

    When I first went natural I said I wouldn't be bothered with oils & trying to make my own products, but that's exactly what I like to do now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Tori!
    Ok, so regarding the denman brush, I've never knew it was called "denman"! Girl, I've looked up addendum, den-den, denson,etc! LOL, anyway so I stop trying to guess what people were saying and just look at all the video tutorials of ladies who used the brush. Guess where I found mine...Sally's(nope), Beauty Supply(nah-uh), online(not even close)!! I found my brush at.......Fiesta, girl! LOL! I don't know if you are from Texas or not, but down here in the "H" there is a private grocery chain "Fiesta Mart". I got my brush $3.99 and it works soooo well on my hair! It doesn't tug or pull, it just glides thru! I hope that helps!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dawnica!
    No, I'm not from Texas, but if I can't find one here I'm gonna have to send some of my H-town people on a mission! And $3.99? That's a lick right there... Thanks hun!

    ReplyDelete