Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Dreaming of Length


I think I need professional help. LOL
Without fail, at least a couple times a month since I did the big chop, I have recurring dreams of having long hair again! :( The dreams are pretty much the same. I wash my hair, comb out my curls. At that point it's almost shoulder length, about where I think it is now. Then I flat iron it and voila! I'm slangin' silky-smooth butt-length hair!
If I hadn't cut my hair into a bob last year and hadn't done the big chop this year, my hair could very well have been down my back. Shoot, it was already approaching bra strap length. I think my subconscious is calling me stupid for cutting it, especially since I did love having long hair. Don't get me wrong, my coils are gorgeous--and different! I get compliments on my hair all the time. I'm just ready for it to get some hang time, to be long as heck again. And this time it'll be all big and fluffy! Maybe by this time next year I'll be there.
But someone pleeeeaaaase tell me I am not alone in this!
Have you ever been haunted in your dreams by hair issues? A cut, color, damage, etc? C'mon, I know someone out there has something!

3 comments:

  1. Never dreams of length while Im asleep, but I dream of it during my waking hours.

    Im so excited about my personal length in the past 7 months and about the length I will have when I reach one year, 2 years, 3 years, and so on!

    I want ankle length hair.
    :0)

    www.KinkyCurlyCoilyMe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL not the ankle length hair! Alright then, Rapunzel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. every now and then, a random image of me with this diane ross hair (in the best way possible, well... then maybe tracee ellis ross), gorgeous, big, long hair.

    like @jenellybelly said, i dream of how my hair will be in years from now. but i try to just stop and enjoy my hair for what it is, at this current moment, which is pretty awesome, too.

    but girl, you're not out there alone. :)

    http://msjanelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete