Monday, April 5, 2010

People, I've hit a plateau.

I'm already in a hair rut. This is a major problem y'all!
Since I've discovered two-strand twists, I have been in a recurring cycle of twist, twist-out, repeat. And it usually looks pretty good so that's not an issue. But being the fickle person that I am, I'm getting tired of the twists! I think I'm a little envious because I've been looking at all these cute natural styles & thinking "I wanna try that!" But my hair is too short for most of them. And then there is the issue of the two textures. The more my natural hair grows out, the more of a difference I can tell in the twists. Truth be told, the permed ends look so scrawny compared to the thick puffs of hair at the roots! My hair was thick when it was relaxed, but it's NOTHING compared to what's coming now!
Of course I could go the route that so many are telling me to try: braids. The thought of them makes me shudder! I really don't like the idea of sitting there forever while someone works on my head. I get bored easily, not to mention the fact that I'm headache prone. But no pain, no gain right? Meh, I'll think of that as a last resort.
I'm considering a sew-in, but I may be too late in the game for it. Since I think I'm gonna BC on my birthday (a little over a month away), I feel like it would be a waste to get a sew-in. After all, they are meant to last like two months or something, right? (I have no idea, so please correct me if I'm wrong!) I may try it after I BC, depending on whether or not I like the look of super short hair. But I'm gonna try to hold out with my hair (and probably the two-strands) until then...


By the way, I need to figure out what to do with my hair after the big chop!! Fro, locs, something that I haven't even considered? Hit up the poll at the top and the comments section & help me out. I'd be soooo appreciative!

No comments:

Post a Comment