Sunday, November 22, 2009

I'm Back!

It's been a little while since I've posted here, but I am slowly making my return! As I stated before, I will be posting some interviews with some stylists, as well as some friends in regards to their hair care regime (permed and natural), attitudes concerning black hair, their transition, etc. That will be coming very soon and I am excited about it!

In the meantime, here's what's been up with me:

I've found my style inspiration. I would love it if my hair turned out like this, but I have a feeling it won't... Fortunately I was told that I could get a sew-in to get this look! (In my ignorance of weaves and whatnot, I did not know they made weave that wasn't straight *shrug*)


I have been thinking about doing the big chop, but I dunno if I'm gonna go through with it. I don't think I'm quite that brave just yet... But if/when I do, I will more than likely get baby curl twists. I don't see myself rocking the TWA. Not that confident!

Speaking of my hair, guess I'll share some pix. It's been just a little over four months. I can see some growth!

If you look closely at the last pic, you can see the little curls starting to form! Here is my second attempt at flat ironing my hair. The first one resulted in stick-straight pieces of hair that had to be deep conditioned :-/


I saw this video and thought it was soooo cool! I wouldn't mind this if I did the BC, but I wouldn't want locs permanently so I dunno if this would actually be for me. But just watch!




I found a product that I absolutely LOVE! i dunno how to do a product review (LOL) but I'll try. The product is Optimum 3-in-1 creme oil moisturizer. It has coconut, olive, avocado and jojoba oil. I massage it into my scalp and on my newgrowth to provide moisture. It wasn't too heavy for my hair, which was a concern since it is a cream and appeared to be rather rich/heavy in my hand. I was surprised to find that it also made detangling my hair a lot easier! A win all the way around for me.

Okay, so that's all the catching up I have in me! I still want suggestions for new posts, questions to ask in my interviews, etc! You can leave them in the comments or email me at ToriDBlogs@gmail.com

Later folks!

2 comments:

  1. I think you could pull the locks off. There are so many creative things that you could do with them. Plus you are a female you dye them, style them, braid them. I think you could pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wondered about locs and versatility. I've seen soooo many cute styles online, but I still haven't decided whether locs are for me. I'm a commitment-phobe when it comes to hairstyles :) I am keeping it in mind though!

    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete